Powered industrial trucks like forklifts, motorized pallet jacks, tuggers, tow motors and other powered equipment are used every day to lift and move equipment or materials. Every year, powered industrial trucks are involved in tens of thousands of accidents and injuries, some of which are fatal. If you are going to operate a powered industrial truck, you need to be trained and tested to make sure you know how to do it safely. Module 1 is an introduction to powered industrial trucks and their safe operation. Ideal learners are employees who operate powered industrial trucks.
- Define what a powered industrial truck is
- Recognize classes and types of powered industrial trucks
- Explain the importance of using data plates and markings to find capacity information
- Identify operator safety responsibilities
- Recall general safety rules about pre-operation safety, traveling and stopping