Many destructive fires are caused by hot work, or cutting, welding and other work that generates heat and sparks. When you follow them properly, various recommendations for hot work can help ensure that you and your co-workers stay safe. This course covers hazards, safety precautions, responsibilities and emergency procedures associated with this dangerous work. Ideal learners are all employees.
- Determine where hot work is, and is not, allowed
- Identify the hazards and safety precautions associated with performing hot work
- Separate the responsibilities of individuals involved in hot work
- Recall how a hot work permit is used
- Know what emergency procedures should be in place for hot work