Bloodborne Pathogens (BBP)
If your job duties include even occasional contact with blood or other infectious materials, you are at risk for contracting potentially deadly, incurable diseases. Take this course to learn what bloodborne pathogens are and how you can protect yourself from them. Ideal learners include anyone who may be exposed to blood or other potentially infectious materials, including healthcare workers, custodians, maintenance staff, research personnel, and construction workers.
- Know what bloodborne pathogens are
- Recognize symptoms and treatments for hepatitis B, hepatitis C and the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
- Identify how bloodborne pathogens are transmitted
- Remember to assume that all blood and other potentially infectious materials (OPIM) are contaminated and handle them accordingly
- Recall safe handling procedures for blood and OPIM
- Recall emergency procedures for blood or OPIM exposure