Benzene is an aromatic hydrocarbon that is produced by the burning of natural products. It is found in gasoline and other fuels and is used in the manufacture of plastics, detergents, pesticides, and other chemicals. Benzene is a clear, colorless liquid with a pleasant, sweet odor. The odor of benzene does not provide an adequate warning of its hazard. In fact, benzene can cause serious health problems that you must understand if you work with it. This module covers the hazards of benzene and how to work safely with benzene.
- Effects of overexposure to benzene
- How exposure to benzene can occur
- How to reduce the risk of exposure
- Working safely with benzene
- Emergency and first aid procedures in the event of exposure