A single exposure to an airborne chemical can cause health effects that may last for the rest of your life. If your workplace contains dangerous chemicals or hazardous atmospheres, you need to know when and how to wear a respirator. This training will present the basic requirements of respiratory protection and will focus on the types and limitations of respirators. Ideal learners include all employees.
- Identify employer and employee respirator responsibilities
- Describe what happens during medical evaluations and fit testing
- Recognize characteristics of different types of respirators
- Recall how to inspect respirators before each use
- Recognize the signs of respiratory failure
- Recall how to maintain respirators